Kudos to Minnesota Timberwolves center Kevin Love for puttin' on a clinic against the New York Knicks in the T-Wolves 112-103 victory the other night.
Love had a monster game scoring 31 points and grabbing a ridiculous 31 rebounds. In doing so, he became the first NBA player in 28 years to have a 30-30 game. Not since the great Moses Malone had a 32-38 game on Feb. 11, 1982 had anyone accomplished the feat.
In fact, 30-30 games had become an endangered species in the NBA. Not since the era of the great rebounders were they somewhat-regularly accomplished.
Here's a look at the last 5 occurrences:
1) Kevin Love - Nov. 12, 2010 (31 points - 31 rebounds)
2) Moses Malone - Feb. 11, 1982 (32 points - 38 rebounds)
3) Robert Parish - March 30, 1979 (32 points - 30 rebounds)
4) Moses Malone - Feb. 9, 1979 (37 points - 33 rebounds)
5) Kareem Abdul-Jabbar - Feb. 3, 1978 (30 points - 37 rebounds)
I'm sure Love must have pinched himself when told he was on the list with those mega-giants.
I know I would have.
Stats courtesy of cbssports.com
Click on image to view larger