The rich get richer! The mighty get mightier!
I guess the Philadelphia Phillies love the habit of winning championships or at least being in a position to win one every year because they are breaking the piggy bank. First Roy Halladay got the big bucks and is signed thru 2014-- and now Ryan Howard gets a five-year $125million contract extension.
- 2005 NL Rookie of the Year.
- 2006 NL MVP
- Has finished in the top 5 in the MVP voting for the last 4 consecutive years.
- 2-time National League home run champion (2006, 2008).
- 3-time National League RBI champion (2006, 2008, 2009).
- Holds the National League non-steroid era record for home runs in a season (58 in 2006).
- 4 straight years with 130+ RBIs (2006, 2007, 2008, 2009)
- 2008 World Series champion + 2009 NL Pennant
So does the man deserve to get paid? You betcha!
Photo (2010 ALDS) courtesy of Getty Images